FeedBurner FeedCount

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why do people write poetry?

I find that people write poetry for the same reasons that they write newspaper articles, blogs, or why they paint or draw. It is a way to express how you are feeling. You can always tell how the person who is writing the poem feels; by the words that they use and how they are using them. Poetry is beautiful, sensual, erotic, sexy, and dark all at the same time. The way someone writes can make a difference in how the reader will interpret what the writer is trying to express.

A majority of people believe that poetry are poems that rhyme. This is not true. Poetry is a story that is told by the poet, usually pertaining to a particular person, place, thing, or event that could have taken place, whether it be happy, sad, or even a tragedy. It is all about getting what is on your mind or how you are feeling out in words that can only be described by the person who is writing the poem.

I have personally been writing poetry since I was 12 yrs old. I am now 26. Writing poetry for me, has been a way for me to cope with everyday life. When I am sad and feeling down I will write a poem to express the way that I am feeling at that very moment in time.

Why Do You Write Poetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment